This policy has been developed to ensure complaints and feedback received electronically, by email, telephone or face-to-face will be investigated to a high standard and ethical manner. Energy Skills Australia is committed to continuous improvements of our products and services and high standards of ethical conduct. Energy Skills Australia will manage all complaints and feedback from the public and stakeholders in a prompt, equitable and impartial manner, respecting all privacy issues.
The policy applies to all Energy Skills Australia employees, consultants and contractors.
All complaints and feedback received by Energy Skills Australia will be handled according to the principles of fairness, accessibility, transparency and responsiveness.
In keeping with this commitment, Energy Skills Australia will:
- Effectively manage and resolve complaints and feedback it receives
- Develop and maintain a current register of complaints and feedback
- Regularly update the register of complaints and feedback
- Ensure the register of complaints and feedback contains the following information:
- The name of the complainant or provider of feedback
- Origin state or territory of the complaint and feedback
- The nature of the complaint and feedback
- How the issue was resolved
- The Energy Skills Australia employee who managed the complaint and feedback
- All other information
- Successfully resolve complaints and feedback within its authority
- Appropriately escalate complaints and feedback to the Australian Government Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business after Energy Skills Australia has undertaken best endeavours to resolve the issue.
Complaint: any genuine expression of dissatisfaction or concern about a service, staff member or product provided by Energy Skills Australia.
Feedback: includes complaints, compliments and constructive comments or criticisms from the public and stakeholders. It should be noted that complaints and feedback related to content of published training packages is dealt with through the training package development process.
Fairness: Energy Skills Australia recognises the need to be fair to the complainant and/or any person against whom a complaint has been made.
Accessibility: All public and stakeholders of Energy Skills Australia have easy access to our complaints and feedback handling process.
Transparency: All complaints and feedback are dealt with openly, giving complete, accurate and quality disclosure of information.
Responsiveness: Energy Skills Australia will deal with complaints and feedback quickly, treat complainants with courtesy and, wherever possible (within our authority to do so), resolve complaints within stated timelines. Where possible, all issues will be resolved within 10 business days. If issues take longer to resolve, Energy Skills Australia will contact the customer to explain why.